Regular Year-Round rates range from 2500 to 3000 per room. In order to make the accommodation charges affordable and flexible, we set a budget year-round rate (BYRR) which covers operational costs including gas power generator operation for a limited period (normally from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM).
Why BYRR is the only option at the check-out page
At the check-out page and (even at the accommodations page), the only rate that shows is the budget year-round rate. You will not have the option to upgrade your accommodation while booking, but upon checking in at Engracio’s, our staff will ask you whether you want an upgrade and inform you about how much you will be charged should you avail of it.
Engracio’s is solar-powered
We have solar powered-lights on all night long. Engracio’s is solar-powered, but our solar power generator’s function is limited to lights only. It cannot run e-fans and has limits on the number of devices, such as mobile phones, it can re-charge.
The gas powered generator is on between 6 and 10 pm
- to refill our water tanks
- to let guests re-charge their electronic devices
- to let guests enjoy karaoke should they decide to avail of it
Why not just charge guests with the regular year-round rate of around 3000 per night?
Most of our guests stay for one or two nights only, and what they do normally is spend most of the time outdoors. They get to enjoy what nature has to offer. They get the feel of what it is like to live off-the-grid even for just a few days. Thus, charging them with our regular year-round rate is not practical.
How to keep from paying Regular Price: 3000.00 per room a night
Here’s some suggestions to avoid paying a regular price of around 2500.00 to 3000.00 pesos per room per night:
1. Come in big groups and rent at least 3 or 4 rooms and you don’t have to pay the regular price in order to avail of the gas generator service off the usual operating hours. You will only be charged additional 1000.00 to 1500.00 on top of what you pay for the 3 or 4 rooms.
2. Bring portable battery-operated fans.
3. Wear anti-bug lotion or spray. Sometimes we just use fans to keep mosquitos away. Every room has mosquito nets, anyway, so you worry less about them.
We hope this article helps. If you have any question or if you need help with reservation, please feel free to contact us.